Congressman Thaddeus McCotter, from the suburbs of Detroit, will be making an announcement tomorrow about whether he will run for President in 2012. All indications are that he will jump into the race.
Most Americans don’t know much about McCotter. Here are some clues about McCotter’s record in Congress to help you evaluate the politician:
- McCotter claims to be pro-family, but he’s voted to strip citizenship from American babies, to oppose food for American kinds, and to thwart the expansion of marriage rights so that all American families can have equal legal status.
- McCotter has voted to promote religious discrimination through many pieces of legislation
- McCotter has blocked efforts to expose torture
- McCotter supports the assembly of Homeland Insecurity laws that establish unconstitutional big government programs to spy on Americans
- McCotter supports military programs that are so wasteful that the Pentagon itself has declared it wants them shut down
- McCotter opposed efforts to fight discrimination on the job
Thaddeus McCotter may think of himself as a great leader, but on issue after issue, McCotter has been leading in the wrong direction. That’s why Americans are against Thaddeus McCotter.